Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Former Mrs. Damon

The scene: watching a Yankees/Sox game back in May

The characters: me and my roommate

Me: "Wow, you Sox fans are being really mean about Johnny Damon considering all he did for your team when you won."

Roommate: "I hope he chokes and dies."

Me: "Um...remember when you were obsessed with him? You had all those pictures hanging up in your room? You tried out how your name would sound if you were now 'Mrs. Damon'? You planned out the wedding?"

Roommate: "I never liked him."

Me: "YOU PLANNED OUT THE WEDDING!"

Roommate: "No way, I've always hated him. I hope he dies."

Me: "You have a Damon shirt! You bought a ball with his autograph on it! YOU PLANNED OUT THE WEDDING!"

Roommate: *Grumbles and leaves the room.*

I swear, the whole room was COVERED in Damon pictures. And there were wedding bells in the air.

Sure, you can be upset he left. You can even say you don't like him any more, especially since he plays for your rival. But you can't deny it: he was once your soulmate. And now he's kicking your team's ass.

-D

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

I've had similar conversations with friends. However we happened to be talking about ex girlfriends :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home