Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Again...seriously?

I usually refrain from making cracks about the Red Sox team, as I generally find them to be OK (except for Shilling). However, today's Opening Day ceremonies (which my roommate subjected me to while I was trying to eat my dinner) were so ridiculous that I can't help myself.

Let me set the stage: they are honoring the '67 Red Sox, because apparently they were so awesome they won the pennant for the first time in a bazillion years (the pennant, of course, being the highest honor most Sox fans can ever hope for). Some clever person decided to call it the "Year of Impossible Dreams."

So how should we honor players from that year, such as Carl Yastremski?

Bring out Robert Goulet. And have him sing the song from 'Man of la Mancha.'

Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home